Once again The Merchant City will have many of its streets closed

TRAFFCOM

TRAFFic COntrol & Management

 

TRAFFIC INFORMATION BULLETIN

LOCATION:
Color Run – City Centre (Ward 10)

 

First Issued: Wednesday 13 July 2016

 

DESCRIPTION:
Due to a new event taking place in Glasgow, the following roads will be closed to allow the Color Run to take place.

 

Further details of the event can be found at http://thecolorrun.co.uk/glasgow

 

 

PROHIBITION OF DRIVING

 

From 06:00 to 14:00 hours on 17 July 2016

 

  1. Congress Road,for its entire length
  2. Congress Way, for its entire length
  3. Finnieston Quay, westbound for its entire length
  4. Lancefield Quay, between Finnieston Quay and Anderson Quay
  5. Andrerston Quay, between Hydepark Street and Broomielaw
  6. Broomielaw, (Westbound), between Glasgow Bridge and Brown Street
  7. Oswald Street, for its entire length
  8. Argyle Street, between Hope Street and Queen Street.
  9. Renfield Street, between St Vincent Street and Union Street.
  10. Union Street, between Renfield Street and Argyle Street
  11. Jamaica Street, between Howard Street and Argyle Street
  12. Mitchell Street, between Mitchell Lane and Argyle Street
  13. Queen Street, between George Square and Argyle Street.
  14. Ingram Street, between High Street and Queen Street
  15. Hannover Street, between George Square and Ingram Street
  16. South Frederick Street, between Ingram Street and Cochrane Street
  17. Montrose Street, between Cochrane Street and Ingram Street.
  18. Candleriggs, for its entire length
  19. Brunswick Street, for its entire length.
  20. Hutcheson Street, for its entire length.
  21. Albion Street, between Ingram Street and Trongate
  22. Bell Street, between Walls Street and Candleriggs
  23. Wilson Street, between Candleriggs and Glassford Street
  24. Glassford Street, for its entire length
  25. Trongate, between Stockwell Street and Saltmarket.
  26. Chisholm Street, for its entire length.
  27. Parnie Street, between Chisholm Street and Osbourne Street.
  28. Osbourne Street, between Parnie Street and Stockwell Street.
  29. King Street, between Trongate and Bridgegate
  30. Stockwell Street, between Osbourne Street and Trongate

 

SUSPENSION OF BUS LANE

 

06:00hrs to 14:00hrs on 17 July 2016

 

  1. Argyle Street, between Hope Street and Union Street
  2. Glassford Street, between Trongate and Ingram Street
  3. Anderston Quay, (Fast Link) for its entire length
  4. Ingram Street, between Queen Street and Hannover Street

 

DIVERSIONS:
Diversions will be in operation with the appropriate signage in place.

 

CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Event Organiser – IMG – Patrick Toland – 0208 233 6034

Land and Environmental Services – Chris McCairns – 0141 287 9582

TRAFFCOM Control Centre – 0141-287-9282

Message authorised by Jamie Rodden, Group Manager Traffic and Road Safety
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

May 2016 Monthly Meeting Minutes

 

Merchant City and Trongate Community Council Meeting Minutes

Tuesday 31st May, City Chambers DRAFT

Attendance tbc.          
Community Councillors Tam Coyle (Chair), Bob Cochrane (Vice Chair), Paula Reilly (Secretary), Gerald Hirst (Treasurer).
Residents / Others Claire Hyland (minute taker/associate member), PC John Aitken, Seonaid MacDonald, Lynne McKenzie, RoddyYarr (Uni. of Strathclyde) Agnes Creaney, Colin Forrester, John Connelly, Sheila Brown, Chris Sandford, Angela MacMillan, Lorenzo Mele (Glasgow Life), Tom McIntyre (markets), Gordon Robertson (markets), Alison Thewliss (MP).
Ex Officio members Baillie Braat, Baillie Baker, Baillie Bolander, Cllr. Millar.
Apologies Paula Reilly (Secretary),  Sandra White (MSP), Madeleine Rooney, Peter Hayman.

 

  • Discussion

  • Action

  1. Welcome and Introductions

Tam Coyle welcomed everyone and introduced Cllr. Millar and Lorenzo Mele (organiser of Merchant City Festival MCF).

  1. Secretary’s Report (Paula Reilly)

Paula plans to make a Facebook page as this offers a good way of updating people quickly.
Paula has written to DRS requesting they clean the notice boards located at Trongate and citation.

  1. Treasurer’s Report (Gerald Hirst)

There is no change in bank account balance.  

  1. Police Report PC David Urban

It has been a busy month. Serious incidents in Ingram St and New Wynd –  one serious sexual assault and a robbery. Arrests have been made for both. Enquiries are being made. Police have good leads for both. There was also a serious assault at McDonald’s Argyle St. Please be cautious. There will be an increased presence on the next few weeks and city centre plan should also increase.  Couple of house break-ins at Armani, where a large amount of stock taken. Please pass on information.
Police requested that public feedback so that tasks can be raised if necessary. Tam reminded people to call 101 or email. Police confirmed that people are not being a nuisance when they call, they are helping by reporting incidents so that tasks can be raised.  
Questions.

Baillie Baker enquired about forward planning for SDL (Scottish Defence League) march on Saturday. Police confirmed there is planning but not sure of details. Tam Coyle enquired about 3 marches and Race for Life on the same day.
Issues were raised regarding a march in Montrose St on Saturday morning. A resident emailed that the march went past workmen on cherry pickers and was dangerous. Police confirmed that an Operational Officer can divert a march if necessary. There were issues in George Square and it could be in relation to this. Police will inquire. Agrees that it was badly planned. Police confirmed there will be weekly parades. General agreement that clashes with Race for Life will cause chaos. Planning should have considered this. Doesn’t help people living and working in the town.

Police to enquire why march was diverted through Montrose St.
  1. Brunswick Street Trial Market – Feedback (Tom McIntyre and Gordon Robertson)

The organisers of the trial market introduced themselves. They organise both farmers and wholesale markets. Campaign for Good Food Glasgow wants to encourage more food retail in Glasgow. Brunswick St and Broomielaw were selected from a number of venues. Brunswick St cost too much to run but Broomielaw was a better success. Plan to run it until vendors are happy to be there. Just before the 6 week license expired, a 3 year license came into function. Brunswick St will not continue, can imagine that it is problematic for residents. Some local businesses complained that they did not know. The planning process was done but it seems like it was badly marketed. There was poor notification. Feedback from Brunswick St was that food sales dropped but drinks increased. It was confirmed that the 3 year license for Broomielaw will be used however the Brunswick St market will close.
Alison Thewliss (MP) was at Broomielaw and commented that it worked well because there aren’t existing cafes etc. It was well attended. Agreement that closing roads in Brunswick St is not sustainable. Baillie Bolander did have

a complaint from one resident about the road closures.
Tam thanked Tom and Gordon for attending.

  1. Merchant City Festival (Lorenzo Mele)

Tam introduced Lorenzo Mele from Glasgow Life who organises MCF. Baillie Braat is chair of the committee and Tam attends as a representative from MCTCC.

Lorenzo circulated printed sheets with key info and maps showing layout of the festival. He explained the map and the planned street closures.Albion St is open during the week and the stage is only there at weekends.
Resident raised issues with noise from heavy bass from stage. Lorenzo Mele made a note of this. Residents do not object to music but heavy bass can be disruptive.
There is contact information on the printed sheets. The full programme will be available at the end of June. Various pieces are on website. A residents’ letter is being distributed. Alternative parking will be provided.
Baillie Braat wants to make sure that residents receive communication. Requests reassurances that letters will be properly delivered.
Bob Cochrane suggested that alternative carparking arrangements should be communicated in advance because it is holiday time and people could be away when notification is sent.
The southern part of Albion St is closed. If it was closed just before Blackfriars there would be additional parking. Lorenzo Mele confirmed that there will be access to the street for residents’ carparks. Confirmed that the car park next to Blackfriars will be opened.
General agreement that there is normally not enough seating. Lorenzo explained that because there is no access to Candleriggs square they have struggled to find space. No automatic access to square. Still liaising about this. Bob enquired if beyond the boundary of the site is public footway. Lorenzo confirmed that the whole site up to pavement belongs to developer.
Tam will also feedback 15th June and mid July MCF meetings. Lorenzo confirmed there is nothing in Tontine lane due to work.
A resident enquired if there be marketing close to George Square. Many people did not know last year. There will be a couple of processions and events in George Square. That might help to signpost it. There will also be classic cars in george square to advertise car boot sale. Brazilian theme is to do with Rio games.
Tam thanked Lorenzo for attending.

  1. Licensing (Tam Coyle)

Tam confirmed that we are finally receiving licensing notifications electronically and thanked Baillie Baker for her help with this.
Notifications were read

  • St Enoch Square. 2nd July to 24th July. Adult rides.
  • Premier Inn Howard St/Dixon St (the old Coop). Whitbread group alcohol and hotel with conference facilities.
  • Events in George Square 8th August to 12th August.
  • Candleriggs Koolba increase offsales, capacity,  outdoor drinking for 30 people.
  • High st. Pizza and takeaway food. Open till 4am. Concern raised about noise and lack of policing at this time. Other places currently operating will also want to open till 4am. Bob commented that the community council do not automatically object to licenses but if there is enough feeling round the table we have a collective responsibility. Currently there are no problems other than occasional noise issues. Baillie Baker pointed out that there is no housing above. The resident raised issues with police attending the area because it is the dividing line between Merchant City and Calton. He is prepared to be optimistic and will raise any issues.
  • 158 ingram st. Variation of premises.
  1. Planning (Tam Coyle)


John commented that there have been a couple of pre-applications for High St/ George St/ Shettleston St/ Ingram St. These are for consultation before planning. Application will impact on the community garden.
Roddy Yarr from the University of Strathclyde has come to the meeting and will attend next month to explain in more detail. The University of Strathclyde plans to put in an application for a Combined Heat and Power plant (CHP). Roddy distributed an information pack. The ground is leased from Scottish Enterprise and not owned by the University. Tam thanked Roddy for attending.
Candleriggs

John has seen confirmation of approval for Candleriggs site however it was later pulled from the website. It seems like it has been released by mistake. Heritage Scotland have objected. A resident asked about the Candleriggs site. Bob updated the meeting about progress with this. 3 out of 4 of MCTCC’s city councillors sit on the planning committee and they can therefore not put forward an opinion about a development in case it comes to committee.

There is general agreement that the development is too tall. The diagonal path also breaks the grid system and might be dangerous at night time. MCTCC are fighting the development as much as they can and made an objection based on the heights, loss of light to surrounding buildings, the balance of residential and student accommodation (900 student flats) and a lack of car parking. Council officials acknowledged our point but patted us on the back. The difficulty is that not everything has to go to planning committee. 6 objections are needed to go to committee. Not clear how many objections were received. Bob understood that planning could call it in if shy of 6 and if someone complained late it could still be considered.
Residents on Wilson St did not receive notification. General discontent about the notification system that applies to people 10 metres from the area but applies to the front door address rather than a window.
Baillie Braat will make enquiries about the number of objections received and the current planning status. Both Baillie Braat and Baillie Baker think that the committee chair can maybe pull something but this would be at their discretion. Baillie Braat confirmed it may come to planning automatically if it is of national significance. There may have been planning in principle granted years ago but this will be for more detailed planning. Planning in principle approves type of use but not building design.
Tam Coyle suggested that interested parties form a working group to address these issues. Bob suggested that mid-monthly meeting focuses on this and that councillors feedback what they can.
Baillie Bolander asked if someone keeps eye on planning applications. Tam does this and both Alasdair Finlayson and John Connelly have helped.
Alison Thewliss (MP) does not see list of notifications on website. John Connelly pointed out that prior to the decisions letter there were 130 documents on the website but this is dropping and is different every week.
A development on Park Circus was called in by government and it was overturned. Can this be called in? Alison Thewliss thinks that it depends what stage of planning it is at and if a decision has already been taken. In this case it is unclear if a decision has been taken.
Cllr Millar does not know about application and it is baffling. He is general point if you have particular suggestions you want to raise happy to listen.
Gerald enquired if MCTCC should operate on the assumption that permission will or has been given and the tactic should be to put pressure on the national government to call in the application. Bob thinks MCTCC should make it clear to local authority that we object. It would be more difficult to try and retrieve the situation than prevent it from happening. There are many different voices and lots of influence. Bob has been very direct. We are lay people who do not have specialist knowledge and rely on Councillors to voice their concerns. Cllr. Angus Millar confirmed he will do this and it will be discussed at the min-monthly meeting.

Cllr. Millar to feedback on Candleriggs – number of objections received (if any were submitted late), planning status & if it can be called to committee.

Update on issues (Tam Coyle)

Road bollard. The bollard was being taken down but has now disappeared all together because of apparent complaints by unknown local businesses. Tam is liaising with Land Services. They have taken it away against our wishes. Bailie Braat thinks the problem might be businesses who are not putting it up. The suggestion of meeting with the businesses is very positive.

Tam attended a refuse collection meeting with Cllr. McAveety.There will be a new task force to clean up the city. Tam thanked Scott Parsons and Cllr Matheson for making sure that every bin was removed from the Merchant City. This is now a major issue again. Baillie Braat confirmed this is an issue in other area because there is no obligation on premises to remove bins from streets. We are trying to ensure that those who have space in their business should have a clause in planning that they have to do this. Baillie Braat can raise this issue with businesses. Privatisation of waste collection has made it more difficult with different times etc.

Gymnasium Application – licensing application was wrong but they gym has open anyway and plays music from 5:30am-7:30pm. Tam contacted licensing. Mairi Millar replied that it is not clear cut if they need a license at all. It is the operator’s position that they do not require a license if they are only open to members and not the general public. Baillie Baker read the email received from Mairi Millar. It seems the only recourse for people living round about is noise nuisance. Baillie Baker has noticed that there is not a decent guide for general public about how licensing works. Bob Cochrane commented that there is a problem that the council aligns itself with businesses rather than residents. There is a clear imbalance. Baillie Baker agrees that this is confirmed by legislation. For example we are unable to refuse licensing for gambling. Baillie Braat commented that if venue is, if more than 500 it needs a public entertainment license. Frustrating that the council are constrained.

Building site scaffolding. Tam thanked Baillie Braat for his help. Despite being very narrow it does not break legislation. They are starting building work at 7:30am.

Ibis Hotel deliveries – Baillie Baker has been following up on early morning towel deliveries. It is the laundry company that are making the claim that there are restrictions on delivery times. Baillie Baker will now take this up with the laundry company. Manager has spoken to them and they were quieter but maybe this has not happened. Tam confirmed it is still an issue. Man

ager has had council noise people out and they have assured them that they are not breaking the law.

Blue light at Travel Lodge. Residents have asked about this and been told it is operated by a timer down south. There is nothing they can do. Tam will continue with this. Manager refuses to give a copy of alleged permission.

Race for life. No residents letters were sent. The street signs were not collected. Baillie Baker recommended contacting Glasgow Life. The post office is better than a distribution company. can request that everyone in a postcode

area is notified. People have had cars lifted. Baillie Braat commented that res

idents were not notified because of failure of distribution company. Bob Cochrane suggested that Glasgow City Council  should perhaps take responsibility and charge Race for Life to make sure that it is done properly. There are no repercussions. Unless the council stands up we will be having the same conversation next year.

Date of next meeting

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 28th June, 2016 in Glasgow City Chambers (entrance through archway on Cochrane St).

 

Posted in Minutes | Leave a comment

An update on the works at Queen Street Station

We’re indeted to our local councillors for giving us this valuable update on the works at Queen Street Station.  Thanks

Queen Street bulletin – June 2016 – v6

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Important information on Event This Sunday 22nd May

The following is from the organiser of the Race For Life.  Many street will be closed in the area and traffic is restricted.  This could affect access to car parks.

 

 

Good Morning

 

I received an email from the council yesterday asking to send a copy of the letter which is due to be delivered, to businesses in your area, explaining about Race For Life.  Please find attached, for your reference.

 

As an overview:

  • Event:                   Cancer Research UK Race For Life
  • Date:                     Sunday 22nd May
  • Time:                    10.00am start from Saltmarket

Approx 12.30pm finish back at Glasgow Green

  • Where:                Start on Saltmakret (meet in Glasgow Green) and finish back at the Green, after taking in the 5k course around the city centre (route map included in letter).
  • Who:                     10 000 ladies raising over £540 000 to help beat cancer sooner

 

I understand there were a couple of issues regarding access at last year’s event and I want to work to ensure that this isn’t an issue for 2016 and hope the information provided will help to avoid this.

 

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

 

Kind Regards

Claire

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

February 2016 Minutes – approved

MCTCC_16-02-23 – approved

Posted in Minutes | Tagged | Leave a comment

Feb 2016 Minutes now available.

February 2016 approved minutes are now up.  Apologies for the delay in posting, hopefully March’s minutes will not be too long on appearing too!

 

Merchant City and Trongate Community Council Meeting Minutes

Tuesday 23rd February, 2016, City Chambers DRAFT

Attendance  
Community Councillors Tam Coyle (Chair), Paula Reilly (Secretary), Bob Cochrane (Vice Chair), Liz Hayle, Duncan MacLaren, Robin Jones.
Residents / Others Claire Hyland (minute taker/associate member), PC David Urban, Lynne McKenzie, John Docherty, Peter Hayman, Stefan Strzelecki, Justene Strzelecki, Colin Forrester.
Ex Officio members Baillie Braat.
Apologies Gerald Hirst (Treasurer),  Madeleine Rooney, Sandra White (MSP).

 

          Discussion

          Action

1.             Welcome and Introductions

Tam Coyle welcomed everyone to the meeting and apologies were noted. The minutes from the January meeting were approved.

 

 

2.             Secretary’s Report (Paula Reilly)

A resident has sent a tweet asking for updates on Candleriggs’ site. Tam Coyle is aware of at least 3 future events and would like to know what the process is for notification. MCTCC has not been notified of any events. The planned Comedy Club is a concern, 8:45 start might mean a 10pm finish. Claire Hyland reminded everyone that Alasdair Finlayson has previously mentioned a limit for a space being used for events before applying for permission. It might be worth checking how many days the site has been used for.

 

 

 

 

 

3.             Treasurer’s Report (Gerald Hirst)

Apologies recorded.

 

 

 

4.             Police Report PC David Urban.

Merchant City and Trongate is always one of the best areas with very low crime rates. 20% decrease in crime compared to last year. 39 assaults last year and this year 13. Detention rate is hard to analyse because investigations are ongoing. Serious assaults have increased slightly to 4 & have mainly happened in night clubs. 3 breakins last year, 2 this year. No attempts to rob. 22 Breach of Peace last month.

 

Discussion

A resident raised issues concerning a vagrant who had taken to sleeping in the close of the flat. On-going issues with this situation were discussed.

Tam Coyle commented that there was a fire in his block of flats and the fire brigade had trouble accessing the building because of double parking. Police agreed this is an issue across the city almost daily. Because it happens across the city there are limited resources to deal with it. Please phone every time this happens so a record can be taken. PC Urban will raise this issue with the Area Commander. Bob Cochrane questioned if the issue should be raised with city parking. Cllr Matheson has said they give better value for money. If they can lift car at 11am Sunday morning surely they can do this in case of fire. Tam confirmed it was at 9:20pm on a Friday night. General agreement that this is an important issue.

 

Noise disturbance

Noise disturbance created by buskers using amplifiers was discussed. Police reiterated the importance of phoning every time it happens so a record can be kept. It is a new trend, police are aware of this and are dealing with it.

 

Bob Cochrane commented that the issue of low level disturbance has been raised a number of times. There is a slight absence of police in the small hours. The 24 hour economy is a problem. We are saying there are noise issues. Can something not be done? We are telling you where the issues are. Why do we have to phone in? Maybe someone could walk by?

 

Liz suggested it might be an issue for GCC noise abatement.

 

Police confirmed that buskers do not need a license. Equipment can be seized, similar to a private property however an initial warning has to be given. Peter Hayman suggested that police on bikes would be able to cover a larger area. PC Urban commented that the amount of police at weekends is being reduced due to cuts. Bikes are not used at night. Hot spot areas are targeted based on statistics. Last weekend there were only 40 police for whole city, years ago it was double that. It has been decreasing every month.

 

Robin Jones pointed out that noise issues are not present all night, it is spilling out times.

 

It was questioned if Police Scotland make recommendations to licensing committee that further licensing should not be granted given the cuts. PC Urban will ask about this and report back.

 

Baillie Braat commented that the argument for reducing number of venues open due to less police could also be true during the day. As legislation stands the licensing committee do not have the power to take decisions based on this. Would be worthwhile finding out why number of police is reducing. There was a commitment that police figures would be not be reduced.

 

Bob Cochrane enquired whether MCTCC should write a letter to divisional commander concerning lack of resources. Peter Hayman thinks this might be premature if there isn’t a problem. It was agreed that this depends on where you live. PC Urban agreed to report back on the issues raised and report on average statistics for the year as well. Will take notes to Area Commander.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PC Urban to raise issue with double parking preventing fire brigade access with Area Commander. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baillie Braat to enquire if licensing can take into account the reductions in police numbers.

 

 

 

PC Urban to report back on issues raised with police resources and noise issues.

5.             Licensing (Tam Coyle)

GCC’s system has still not been changed to electronic. Tam last sent an email on the 27th of November 2015 and has heard nothing since. The current notification system does not allow time for discussion. Objection dates for issues being raised is Thursday. Cllr. Braat has had no updates regarding this however it might be related to the major IT incident that happened around Christmas.

 

Blackfriars Bar. Concern expressed about outdoor seating increasing from 16 to 37. Seating will be on Bell St. Discussion regarding license application for children until 9pm. Concern that Blackfriars is very crowded and might not be suitable for children at night. Unclear whether children will be only in the function area or in the whole bar.

 

 

Arta –  concern expressed that there will be an under 18 disco in an area that is predominantly an adult entertainment venue. There are no other under 18 discos in the area. Concern that a license for children to be allowed at functions until 1am is also very late. Unclear whether this is intended for young people rather than children.

 

Agreement that both applications (Arta and Blackfriars) are confusing and require clarification on areas that children will be given access to and the difference in hours for children and young people. Baillie Braat suggested writing in with views about would be deemed acceptable. Liz Hayle will draft a letter for this.

 

Manor view pub, Hutchison St. Open premises before alcohol hours. Children until 9pm. Increase occupant capacity from 98 to 160 through creation of mezzanine level. No objections.

 

Club Gym, 50-54 Glassford St. Mon-Fri 5pm-8pm. Discussion over the stated opening hours, only 3 hours per day. Tam has written asking for clarification but has received no reply.Objection date is this Friday.  Bob Cochrane read letter received regarding noxious gases released while building work was undertaken. This was before license had been granted – why are they doing work with no license? Baillie Braat suggested it could be that they do not need permission for they type of work they are undertaking. Baillie Braat will follow this up and try to clarify the hours.

 

Post Office – MCTCC objected to Post Office on 7th Dec. Have received a reply that the application will be considered on Wed 9th march at 9:30am and MCTCC can speak to their objection by attending at this time. Tam has done this and spent the whole day waiting. Can we get an estimated time, a morning or afternoon appointment? Bailile Braat offered to enquire about this.

 

Temporary market operators license, Brunswick St. Sat, 8am-8pm, City Property. No info on road closures. Baillie Braat noticed another application for Broomielaw. Has been informed that it is a quality market with vehicles removed at end of permitted hours. Closing date for objections Thur 10th March and 9th March. Tam will ask for more information. Claire Hyland suggested ensuring that they will not be built too early (because of previous noise disturbance from MCF stalls).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Liz Hayle to draft letter regarding Arta and Blackfriars applications.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baillie Braat to clarify hours of operation for proposed gym & why work is being undertaken before license is granted.

 

 

Baillie Braat to enquire if a more specific morning/afternoon time can be given in order for MCTCC to speak to objection re. Post Office. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tam Coyle to request more information regarding Brunswick St market.

6.             Planning Applications (Tam Coyle)

 

Brian Muir has offered to give a 30-45 min presentation regarding planning for Metropolitan Tower North Hanover/Cathedral St. As this is out of MCTCC area it might not be necessary for a presentation. Paula Reilly suggested advertising the opening day through social media and mail list.

 

Letter received from Young and Gault regarding application at 228 Dickson St. for a hotel – a public exhibition will be held.

 

MCF – Tam attended a meeting about Get Involved Fund, there were 42 people in attendance. Tam will give a monthly report on the run up to the festival. He has been assured that there will be no further problems with stalls being built at 5am. Noise issues with one stall last year were also dealt with. MCTCC are lucky to have Cllr. Matheson on organising committee who will ensure that issues are taken on board.

 

Floor letter – Robin Jones enquired if anyone else has had a letter saying they live in  a potential flood area? Does anyone know anymore about this? There is a public exhibition Wed 24th Feb, 231 George St, grd floor conference room, 2-7pm. Peter Hayman will attend and report back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Peter Hayman to report back from flooding meeting.

 

7.             Councillors’ Reports

a)     Baillie Braat

Liz Hayle raised the issue with bollard. It is still down. Baillie Braat has had no reply from correspondence regarding this. Jane Laiolo and Baillie Braat are both following this up.

 

Peter Hayman confirmed that 20mph limit traffic regulation order has been passed.

 

Tam Coyle raised the issue of no electronic information for buses in Glasgow. The system went out over Christmas and has not worked since. Baillie Braat will find out about this – he has noticed that street lights have also been out, this might be linked in some shape or form.

 

A resident commented about smoking in a bus shelter in Cochrane St.

Baille Braat is not clear about the law regarding this but can make enquiries.

 

Issues raised concerning safety of bus stop in Stockwell St. In order to see bus people have to stand on the road. There is a free-stanidng cash machine blocking the view.

 

Candleriggs site – Tam Coyle has found out on social media there will be pop up restaurant event for a 10-12 day event. There is also a comedy tent & BBC children’s event planned. 3 events planned with no notification – MCTCC would like to know why.

 

MCTCC have written to LES and Glasgow Green regarding issues with Great Scottish Run. There will be an LES official at MCTCC April monthly meeting and they have sent a list of notification of events – will out on website.

 

Issues on Ingram St with scaffolding being narrowed. Too narrow for 2 people to pass let alone people using a wheelchair or pushing a buggie. Baillie Braat suggested contacting Land & Environmental Services and copying in DRS.

 

Tam Coyle raised issues with Travel Lodge light pollution – blue lights until 2am – he will follow this up.

 

Issues with Ibis Hotel deliveries (Millar St). 5:30-7 am deliveries. Manager has responded that it is a GCC directive because of restrictions on heavy weight vehicles. Baillie Bolander is following this up.

 

Baille Braat reminded people that Queen St station is closing on 20th March for 6 months. There has been talk regarding events held in George Square – the ice rink may disappear although nothing has been set in stone – there will be a review.

 

Tam Coyle thanked Baillie Braat for help to get pot holes fixed on Hutcheson St. and congratulated him on his appointment as Treasurer for the city.

 

Tam Coyle will ensure that various comments are forwarded to all councillors as Baillie Braat is the only one in attendance.

 

 

 

Baillie Braat to follow up on issue with bollard.

 

 

 

 

Baillie Braat to follow up on issue electronic bus info.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baillie Braat follow up on bus stop issues.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tam Coyle to raise issue of light pollution with Travel Lodge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tam Coyle to ensure comments are sent to all councillors.

8.             AOCB

Tam Coyle enquired if there would be appetite for another hustings meeting. Bob Cochrane suggested using a bigger venue. Peter Hayman suggested it might be a bit late to ask candidates to attend. General agreement that this would be good if it could be arranged. Tam Coyle will arrange this for April meeting.

 

Paula Reilly – a resident tweeted looking for updates on the Candleriggs site. Claire Hyland enquired if any of the councilors have followed up on actions to find out about planning permission for the site. No one is aware of any further progress with this.

 

Old building on corner of John St/Martha St – the developer has changed application from flats to hotel.

 

This will be Liz Hayle’s last meeting. Tam Coyle thanked her for help help with MCTCC.

 

 

 

 

Tam Coyle to arrange hustings meeting. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date of next meeting.

Next meeting will be held on Tue 29th March, 2016, 7-9pm. Glasgow City Chambers.

 

 

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Monthly Meeting Minutes January 2016 – Draft

Draft Monthly Meeting Minutes – January 2016

MCTCC 26 01 16_DRAFT

Posted in Minutes | Tagged | Leave a comment