Trongate /Wilson St/ Candleriggs/ Hutcheson St
As you may have seen in the press, there is a planning application for the development of the above site. This has the potential to have an impact on you as a resident of the Merchant City.
It’s up to us as a Community Council to take a view on this project, and as a statutory consultee we can support the application, object to it or seek a variation to the plan
The proposal is for the building of:-
- 135 private for sale apartments;
- 377 private rental apartments;
- 124 bedroom boutique hotel;
- 597 bedspace student accommodation;
- Significant ground floor retail, food and drink and commercial space; and
- Extensive public realm/flexible open space areas
This will affect you if you own, rent or lease in the Merchant City. The Merchant City & Trongate Community Council propose to hold a public meeting on Tuesday 14th April @ 7pm in the City Chambers (enter from Gatehouse in Cochrane Street). This is the biggest planning application in our area ever!
If you would like to register interest or get further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, http://www.mctcc.scot
(Vice-Chair Merchant City & Trongate Community Council)